Transforming Nigerian Youths initiative intends to establish a network of young people and women working in Nigeria’s Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (MSMEs) sector who are entrepreneurial and managerial change-makers.
Typically, transformation projects are created to develop new organizational skills that did not previously exist and to yield a step function rise in organizational performance. These initiatives typically feature a strong call to action and are fueled by a sense of urgency.
To address the unique challenges involved in managing the human side of change and fostering ownership among key program stakeholders, transformations necessitate the specialized use of standard project and program management methodologies. The Transforming Nigerian Youths program identifies crucial success elements for developing transformation initiatives, particularly those run by the government, that result in long-lasting outcomes.
Transforming Nigerian Youths program is brought to Nigeria by the Young Africa Works-Mastercard Foundation in partnership with the Enterprise Development Centre, Pan-Atlantic University.
With a special focus on the agricultural and creative sectors, particularly women-led companies in Nigeria, EDC is collaborating with the Foundation to strengthen the capacity of 40,000 MSMEs. All students will be able to participate in the lessons wherever they are thanks to EDC’s online learning platform and IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
The following are the core objectives of the program
- To completely transform the mindset of youths in Nigeria to become more entrepreneurial, and to equip them to be self-employed or job creators.
- To create market access and provide support services to existing business owners especially those being run by young people.
- Change the way learning or information is received in Nigeria through EDC Beam.
- Applicants for the Transforming Nigerian Youths program must be a Nigerian youth who is in the Micro, Small and Medium Scale enterprise in the agricultural and creative sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- Applicants must be available for an online training session, which will be delivered via EDC’s online learning platform and Interactive Voice Response.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong passion for the MSMEs sector in Nigeria and must be committed to bringing change to the sector.
How to apply
Click on Start Application on Transforming Nigerian Youths program as a fresh Application and Continue Application if you already started your application.